Safety in the Garden with Kids
Gardening can be super fun but it is important to always think about safety so they are safe in the garden.
From our experiences here are a few of our tips:
- Never eat anything in the garden unless you know it is okay.
- Ask the owner of the garden if you can pick flowers.
- Wear sunscreen and a hat as a routine when outside in the garden.
- Wear gloves when handling soil or potting mix, when handling anything rough or sharp, or working where spiders may be taking shelter.
- Wear boots or good solid footwear.
- Always check inside boots before putting them on, especially if they’ve been stored outdoors.
- Garden in suitable clothes that give you sun protection.
- Keep an eye out for creepy crawlies they love the garden. Leave them be and don't try to touch them.
- Wash hands well with soap and water after handling potting mix, soil or compost.
- Don’t touch someone else’s garden unless you have their permission.